Lakes & Prairies Community Action Partnership
715 11th Street North, Suite 402
Moorhead, MN 56560
218-512-1500 or 800-452-3646
Minnesota residents may be eligible for free tax preparation at our Lakes & Prairies Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Site. Volunteer tax preparers have completed the required training and passed IRS testing for VITA certification.
This year the Moorhead Lakes & Prairies Tax Site will operate as a walk-in tax clinic. For our Moorhead walk-in clinic hours, locations and other important information, click here.
Lakes & Prairies Free tax site satellite services in Barnesville, Breckenridge and Hawley will be by appointment. For locations, dates and telephone number to make an appointment, click here.
IMPORTANT! Please review or print out the “What to Bring” checklist.
**As a VITA Tax Site, we cannot prepare taxes for those who own a business, work as an independent contractor, or have investment income over $3,500.
Identity theft is on the rise!
For your protection and to meet the IRS requirements of our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance site:
- A Social Security Card* is needed for all persons listed on the tax return and
- A valid Picture ID of the person(s) signing the tax return is also needed when you come to the tax site.
- If direct deposit is chosen, must bring checking &/or savings account numbers.
*If you are missing your Social Security card for a child, you can visit the Social Security website for further details or call or visit the local Social Security office.
RM 320 FED BLDG
657 N 2ND AVE
FARGO, ND 58102
While you are here we can...
- Conduct a Benefits screening to help determine if you are eligible for other federal benefits; including benefits under the Affordable Care Act.
- Help you sign up for a low-fee debit card also you can receive your refund electronically if you do not already have a bank account.
- Share with you information regarding Financial Literacy classes and a free My Money Checkup at
Services made available through a grant provided by Minnesota Department of Revenue and the generous funding support of Bank of the West, Valley Premier Bank and West Central Initiative. Also, our thanks to the college students and community volunteers who give their time and talent to provide these valuable services.
In the event of severe weather,
cancellation information for all tax
site locations will be posted on our blog. Click above SEVERE WEATHER CANCELLATION link in red box.
Filers can also call the Lakes and Prairies main office for cancellation information.
218-512-1500 or toll free,